I am creating this blog as a way to share with colleagues and parents some of the fun and educational things we are doing here in first grade! I am not sure how often I will be able to post, but I will try to keep it up to date! Thanks for stopping by!
spring
Friday, January 7, 2011
Enemy Pie
January is a long month and I thought it would be a good idea to start fresh and remind students how to be friends with one another. Unfortunately we have had a few days of bickering and students not doing their best to be friends to one another. The book Enemy Pie by Derek Munson was the perfect choice!
Even though it takes place in the summertime, it is about a boy who turns his best "enemy" into a friend! By the end of the book, he has "Lost his best enemy."
The students wrote or drew on cards what they could do to lose an enemy and put them into pies! It is a good read, pick it up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is a great activity Becky! I would love to borrow this!
ReplyDelete